Full course description
- Confidently read literature related to artificial intelligence in medicine.
- Understand how data-driven decisions are made and assessed.
- Identify and define different types of artificial intelligence tools and techniques used in medicine.
- Actively participate in the selection, purchase and deployment of AI based medical software.
As a part of this course, students will have access to ask questions and engage with instructors from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Carle health system, the Carle Illinois College of Medicine, the department of bioengineering at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign (UIUC), and the University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine. Carle health system is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Credit available for this activity:
- For Physicians: Carle health system designates this internet enduring material for a maximum of 6.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- For Nurses: Carle health system designates this internet enduring material for a maximum of 6.25 ANCC contact hours.
- For Physician Assistants: Carle health system has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 6.25 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- For All Learners: This activity was planned by, and for, the healthcare team, and learners will receive 6.25 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change.
Disclosures: All planners and presenters have indicated they have no relevant financial relationships to disclose, with the exception of Mark A. Anastasio, Ph.D. (stockholder & advisor for White Rabbit AI). This disclosure was mitigated by way of additional activity directors, planners, and course reviewers.
Veterinarians and Veterinary Technicians
The University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine is an approved CE provider by the State of Illinois. This course is approved for 6 continuing education hours for those who successfully complete the course.