Full course description
The course includes necessary information from the major body systems (cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, renal, nervous, and reproductive, etc. Each body system will be presented with a series of short video lectures with required readings and reference materials to support that Module’s concepts. Students will gain foundational knowledge in anatomy and physiology, with an introduction to case-based thinking and the fundamentals of the application, when assessing clinical or herd health problems at the systems level.
- Identify anatomical structures in different body systems and summarize similarities and differences between species.
- Identify and explain normal physiological systems in domestic animal species.
- Predict which body systems are abnormal with case-based discussions.
- Develop professional attitudes, outlooks, and competencies.
Body Systems Topics
- Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Systems
- Gastrointestinal System
- Renal System
- Nervous System
- Reproductive System
- Metabolism and Endocrine